POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with random object placement : Re: Help with random object placement Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with random object placement
From: Alf Peake
Date: 31 Dec 1999 14:17:05
Message: <386d0131@news.povray.org>
I had a similar type of problem with a tray of glass marbles. When pov 3.1 and arrays
arrived I solved the problem with a pair of nested #while loops. The outer loop
generated
a random position in the current element of the array, and the 2nd loop checked that
previous entries were more than one diameter away. An OK entry allowed the outer loop
increment.
Can't find my old source right now but will have another look if you don't get a
response.

Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alf_Peake/